Waterford firefighters battled a blazing fire at the vacant Tramore House Hotel on Saturday.
The road at Strand Street was closed as the emergency services brought it under control.
Firefighters tackled the blaze for over five hours, which reportedly started before 6pm.
Locals took to social media with dramatic images and videos of the blaze. Nobody was injured during the fire, with scene now being preserved for a technical examination.
Video credit: Clodagh Austin Counihan.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.