Waterford holding out for heroes with firefighter recruitment drive
Waterford is on the look-out for heroes after Waterford City & County Council advertised for firefighter positions at two county fire stations.
The roles as retained firefighters are on offer in both Lismore and Ardmore stations and applications remain open until Friday, August 24.
Training is provided for successful applicants, who are told that fully qualified firefighters are skilled technicians capable of using the most modern equipment, methods and techniques to undertake the full range of duties which can be deployed at any emergency incident.
It is essential before applying for this position that you are aware of the on-going training demands and the personal commitment that must be given to fulfil the role of a Retained Firefighter.
This includes being able to drop personal responsibilities at immediate notice to respond to a fire call, which may last anytime from 10 minutes, 10 hours, or longer.
A firefighter must be:
- At least 18 years of age on appointment
- physically fit and agile with good stamina
- able to work in hazardous conditions for long periods, including at heights and in confined spaces
- mechanically adept with good dexterity and co-ordination
- trustworthy, honest, dependable and generally of good character (see Garda Clearance)
- self-reliant and self-assured with a keen sense of discipline
- able to contribute to, and work within a team
- able to understand and memorise technical information
- able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
If you are interested in applying for these positions, you can find out more and download an application form by clicking here.
If you have a story for us, sports news, an event happening in your area, or if you want to submit pictures or videos, contact the Waterford Live team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our Facebook.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.