Waterford Fire Services issue stark phone charger warning
Waterford City Fire Services have taken to social media with a stark warning about the fire risk posed by smartphone and device chargers.
In the post, Waterford Fire Services say, "This is not our image but it sends out a clear message."
"Is it worth the €2?" they ask.
They were referring to budget chargers used by many people in homes and businesses across Waterford and beyond.
The post continued, "Please only use your devices' approved charger to charge your phone/tablet."
"Cheap inferior products are not properly tested and can cause a serious incident in your home."
The image posted was of a blackened phone charger connected to a normal wall socket. As well as their advice to use approved chargers, Fire Services across the country continue to advise people to refrain from leaving any charger plugged in overnight or for long periods of time.
This activity also poses a serious fire risk in your home.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.