The number of Covid-19 cases in Waterford have increased by one to 197.
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today (Thursday).
There has been a total of 1,777 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Wednesday, September 2, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) has been notified of 95 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 29,206 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 52 are men / 43 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- 47% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 16 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 51 in Dublin, 6 in Kildare, 6 in Meath, the remaining 32 cases are Carlow, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Offaly, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.