Waterford Institute of Technology invites all eligible staff in the Education and Training Sector to apply for the role of Administrator Grade VI for a an immediate start.
Contract Duration: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of School
Salary: €46,308-€56,591 PA
- Leaving Certificate (at least grade D3 in five subjects) or equivalent or have passed an examination at the appropriate level within the QQI qualifications framework which can be assessed as being of comparable to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent or higher or have appropriate relevant experience which encompasses equivalent skills and expertise
- Honours degree and/or professional qualification
- Masters Qualification
- Have at least two years in a grade 111 post, or equivalent, or higher, in the Education and Training sector
- 3/4 yrs of relevant experience within a School admin setting
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Understanding of School and Institute Processes
- Knowledge on budget management and finance processes
- A high level of computer literacy including the use of MS Office suite Proficient in the use of Banner, Banextra and Agresso
Specific Personal Qualities
- Be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and tasks
- Demonstrates flexibility and initiative
- Resilient with ability to operate in demanding environment
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with proven track record in driving appropriate solutions
- Probation Period
- Have successfully completed their probation period , or have successfully completed a probation period at a lower eligible grade
The school administrator is the most senior administrative post in the academic schools. The administrator is responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the school and departmental offices and processes. Co-ordination of the school administration and administration staff and working, on behalf of the school with other functions, is the key function of the role but the post will also have specific designated duties. The job includes the allocation of work to the other support staff in the school and department offices within their overall allocated responsibilities.
It is the job of the Head of School/Departments to manage the school. However, for any school/department to run efficiently, it requires specialist administrative back-up that can run the core administrative processes of the school. This post holder is responsible for all school and departmental systems and processes, including initiatives to develop and improve systems and processes.
Allocating work, in conjunction with academic managers, to other school and departmental administrative staff. The administrator would be responsible for supervision of other school administrative staff.
Ensuring key school processes are running efficiently and effectively including examinations, course board meetings, student information, GDPR requirements
Act as the school budget officer
Co-ordinate the school administrative budget and provide projections for same to the head of school
Report on school administration to institute and school managers
Linking with Central timetabling unit where required
Provision of secretarial and research support to high level committees, or special projects, of the School
Ensuring key school and departmental information processes are implemented and maintained, for example, school and departmental filing systems
Manage all school finance processes including part-time hours, purchase orders, and report on any problems to the Head of School
Co-ordination of internal audit issues which affect the School/Department(s)
Any other duties as allocated by the Institute/Head of School.
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter via email only. Hard copies will not be accepted. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519, E-mail: email@example.com (only).
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a HARD COPY of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress. The advert will not be available online once the closing date has passed.
Closing Date of Advert: 4pm on Tuesday 18th September.